Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Another Tipton Teenager

We celebrated Truman's 13th birthday a little early last night. I was supposed to be at work today and not home. As things turned out, I was "pushed back" until 11:00 a.m. this morning and may be cancelled for the whole day. What was I thinking scheduling myself to work on Truman's birthday, much less April 1st? Very few people choose to be induced or have a scheduled cesarean section on April 1st. It's just one of those auspicious days. When I went into labor early in the morning on April 1st, 1996, I was happy I was having my baby 3 weeks early! I hate being pregnant. My sister, Jody, also delivered my nephew, Kelly Reed, 18 years earlier on the same day. For dinner we had grilled bar-b-qued chicken, zucchini, lightly seasoned and buttered noodles sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Truman asked for the "Horton Hears a Who" DVD. I found a set with the DVD, a book and stuffed elephant for the same amount as just a plain old DVD. Anyone need a stuffed elephant? A deals a deal.
Truman got an ipod player/docking system. He didn't even know he wanted one until I got it for him. Note the princess wrapping paper - that's what you get when you have a foolish birthday! Sympathy cards, girls wrapping paper, all kinds of jokes. Good times.
The traditional/infamous Black Magic Cake was for dessert. Delicious!

No comments: