Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Heavy metal.

Quinn got braces today.  Now I'm afraid he may be too young for them and it's too late to take them off.  About four hours after he got them on, he said, 

"I want them off.  I don't like them.  I can't eat with them."  He won't be 11 until June 18th.  I sure hope the orthodontist knows more about how a 10 1/2 year old boy handles braces than I do!  

I took him in for a consultation a few weeks ago and I figured Quinn would have a year or two of pulling teeth, and prep work before the actual braces began.  During the consultation, the orthodontist said, 

"Well, he's ready to start!  He'll need braces for 18 months.  We'll get going right away."

I felt like I was on a ride that I didn't mean to get on.  I really thought we were window shopping and now we've purchased the entire contents of the store. 
The last one.

 He's our fourth and last child to get braces.  Fifth if you count Rick (I do).  Rick got braces about 11 years ago when he took Emily in for a consultation.

They both ended up with braces.

That was fun.

No comments: