Tuesday, February 14, 2012

25 Years. Happy Valentine's Day!

Yes, I did get married on Valentine's Day.  
It's been 25 years.  Man that has gone by fast!  
1987 was the year and boy do the clothes and colors reflect that.  
Rick had more hair, I had more of a waist.
We were young and stupid.....I still feel that way.
We were married at the Arizona Temple with many, many other couples.  February 14, 1987 happened to be the second Saturday in February so, the Temple was especially busy that day.
After we were married, the officiator said, "Okay, we need you to wrap this up as we have lots of other marriages to perform."  Basically we were shooed out of the marriage room as fast as we could leave. 


It was a windy day! 
 I got acrylic nails for the special event.  In the airport, on the way to our honeymoon, I picked them off.  I've never had fake nails since.  Ick blick.
You know you've been married a long time when your pictures start to look real old and warn.  Honestly, my wedding pictures don't see much daylight, but somehow time has not been kind to them. 
 Real men do wear "dark raspberry".
It really was a happy day! 
Gotta love my bangs.
And here we are today.  A little thicker and grayer.
I'm making a steak dinner for tonight with lots of chocolate desserts.
Life is good.

3 comments:

Rick said...

I love you, honey. You still look as beautiful and young as you did when we got married. Let's see what the next 25 years have in store for us.

The McEnaney's said...

You guys look wonderful 25 years later! Congrats!

Chris and Heather said...

Happy 25th! We're not quite a decade behind as we celebrate 16years in March. Maybe I'll post some of our 90's-fabulousness.