Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Weeds & Potato Chips

Did you ever wonder what weeds and potato chips have in common?  I know the answer.  You can't have just one potato chip and you can't (at least I can't) pull just one weed.  After all of the rain we've had over the past few weeks, the weeds have gone crazy in areas of our not-quite-finished back yard.  Yesterday, after an especially rainy weekend, I decided to get a weed or two.  Two hours later, I got a lot of weeds pulled and a hitch in my get along from crouching down so long.  Seriously.  I can't walk straight much less turn over in bed without a sharp pain in my lower back.  When I went to sleep last night, I dreamt that the sun was causing all kinds of damage to my skin.  (Probably because that's what I was thinking while I was pulling the weeds in real life.)  My forehead was blistered from the sun which made me sad that I didn't put on a higher SPF product!  Then, and this is the worst thing from my dream, I owned a cat.  I was so in love with this cat and I remember thinking, "This is strange, I don't even like cats" in the middle of it all.

Spring is around the corner and I'm getting ready for it!  I'm painting my hall bathroom, the one Cole vacated, and I've planted some tulips and other colorful flowers.  (See what I did? I don't know the name much less spelling of the certain flowers I planted so they get the description of 'colorful'.  Trickery.)

2 comments:

Saragers said...

don't worry. jonathan told me his dream from last night. we were at a bbq block party thingy and also antique-ish shopping (i don't know!!) and my mom was there too. i was her size. and we were black. as in african american. i was laughing pretty hard. and still am.

Tracy said...

Okay, that is f u n n y!