Thursday, March 1, 2012

From molting rooster to white rooster.

When you start out with a rooster like this, it's almost impossible to go down hill from here.  The above rooster isn't even the original paint.  I purchased this for fifteen dollars years ago from a swap meet.  The gentleman who sold this to me purchased it down in Mexico and it came covered in red and green colors, and it had a strong stench of gasoline attached to it.  This was the finished product back in the early 2000s.  That was so last decade.  I kind of still liked it but felt it needed some updating.  So I got some spray paint primer and glossy white paint and took it to town.
This is after one light dusting of the primer. 

Now on to the glossy spray paint.  In between coats, a spider came and made a web across the rooster's comb (that thingy on top of its head, I had to look that one up) and all they way down its back feathers.  So, I just spray painted over it, the spider web, not the spider.  It was no where to be found when I came back out.  Can't even tell, can you?
These are the only two roosters I have.  Now that I think of it, it could kind of seem like I'm the Rooster Lady.



Maybe I can get another decade out of it.

No comments: