Monday, January 30, 2012

The end of an era.

I purchased this HP Laser Jet back in 1994 for a home based business I started.  It has served me well nearly every day since.

Until a couple of days ago.

It started grabbing 15 or more sheets of paper at a time, instead of feeding through the appropriate single sheet, which caused several jams.  And then there is the horrible sound it now makes.  Kind of like a sick cow, only more like on the dying side of sick.
I should try to get it fixed especially since I recently replaced the toner cartridge at a hefty price (because of the advanced age of the printer).  It has to be specially ordered.  You can't just go into a store and get that ancient toner off the shelf.

I don't know.

Should I let it go to printer heaven?

Or, should I try to squeak some more life out of it?

I'll figure it out.

No comments: