Monday, April 12, 2010

Thanksgiving

Last night I made Thanksgiving dinner.
Don't judge me.
We had a Turkey that I purchased in December which I firgured we could eat off of this week.
So, I planned to cook it on Sunday.
Perfect. 
 Since it was Fast Sunday, I thought I'd make a whole meal.
I had potatoes, so I mashed them.
I had lemons, so I made a lemon meringue pie.
I had canned pumpkn so I made my first pumpkin pie.
I didn't have any of my trusted old Rhodes Rolls, so I had to make the rolls from scratch.
I had to make the pie crust from scratch too.
I also made stuffing - even though once I put the ingredients together and placed the stuffing in a 9x13 pan I forgot all about it. 
The stuffing didn't make it out of the fridge for the meal. 
It kind of came out to be warmed up after the pies were eaten.
We had Steven & Emly over along with Rick's parents.
Of course my mother was here to partake too.
She always is.
My big idea for eating turkey all week went out the door shortly after the meal began.
It turned out to be delicious and pleanty of people ate a lot of it.
Quinn even had a whole turkey leg.
I felt like we were at the Renaissance Festival for a moment with his turkey leg on his plate.
It was fun.
It's not so bad having Thanksgiving in April.
The only down side to this is while the rolls were rising, I placed them outside on the trampoline
to get warmer faster.
I put one pan of rolls on a chair on the porch - 'cause I didn't feel like walking all the way to the trampoline.
Well, Ted, our neurotic dog, found them and ate 4 or 5 of them - all doughy.
He was sick!
We could visibly see his swollen belly.
Three hours later, he had "brought up" four rolls - doughy and all, in the backyard.
The rest of the evening he walked like he was drunk and threw up on my carpet.
Dumb dog.

No comments: