Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A very merry Christmas.

The day or two before Christmas there were lots of happenings going on.  Winston sported the Santa outfit that his mother and three uncles all wore when they were his age for Christmas Eve. 
Ted stole, helped himself, to THREE cookies while I was at work.  Apparently he'd growl whenever anyone would get near him to retrieve the goodies so the kids put him outside and let him enjoy his kill.  Naughty boy. 
 On Christmas Eve at 3:00 p.m. our time, we got to call Cole, our missionary in Japan, for his Christmas morning which was 7:00 a.m.  We used Google Voice, which failed miserably.  Then we went to Skype through the computer, without the face time, and it worked flawlessly.
Bama came over to talk to Cole too.  It's funny to me to see her talking to the computer because she is the least technology minded person I know.
We all took turns talking to Cole. 
Santa talked to him too.  He said, "Mom." 
Then we went to the Tipton's for Christmas Eve festivities which included each family singing a Christmas song.  You can see we took our song, "We Wish You a Merry Christmas," very seriously.  I'm straining my neck 'cause I'm singing so hard! 
The Hess's sang too. 
The Hales sang a medley which was a stunner and crowd pleaser. 
Mimi and Papa 
Last but not least was an impromptu song by 4 out of 6 of the Tipton Children with actions.  
It was amazing. 
 This will go down in history.  For sure.
More singing.  The kids caroled to a couple of neighbors and to the Tipton's.  I'm told it was fun.  I didn't go, it was too cold for me. The guys wondered how they got picked to accompany the kids.  I guess we're just good like that when it comes to comfort and traditions.

But wait, there's more to come.  Later.

No comments: