Sunday, December 11, 2011

My precious!

Long before I ever heard about "The Elf on the Self" (which was last year...not exaggerating), I had this little guy.  He's nearly the only thing that has survived many, many moves as a child and the test of time.  I love him.  I do.  My tree ornaments are silver and then there's this green guy who sticks out, and I love it!  My brother had a red one while we were growing up.  Somewhere along the way his little elf got lost.  Through the years he's stolen my green elf and thought it was funny.  I didn't.  Honestly, I couldn't even be a good sport about it.
I can't help but feel that I need to wrap up my guy and give it to my brother in the name of sacrifice and all because I know his meant a lot to him as well.  I expressed to my daughter my feelings to which she said, "Not the elf!  He's special, we all love him.  You can't give him to Dave!"  I didn't realize that he meant something to someone other than me.  That changed things....but I still feel guilty that I have one and David doesn't.  Maybe we can do joint custody.  I'll think about it.

No comments: