Monday, May 9, 2011

Happiness = a slow closing toilet lid. Happy Mother's Day!

This is what I woke up to on Mother's Day.  A hand-made poster from my husband/family.  There were lovely whole wheat muffins baked from scratch by Rick and strawberries for breakfast.  We went to church at 9:00 and then went home to rest, a lot.  A movie may have been watched, I don't know, I was asleep.  Then at 5:00, Steven, Emily, Winston and & Bama came over for
THE PHONE CALL.
We called Elder R. Cole Tipton in Shimonoseki, Japan.  We got to talk to him for about an hour.  While Cole's on his mission, we'll be able to call him on Mother's Day and Christmas.  In between, it's e-mails once a week and letters via USPS.   One conversation between Cole & Bama was about the half-time performers at the Super Bowl back in January.  My mom, Bama, had to make sure he knew that the Black Eyed Peas and Slash, among others, put on a show.  She even had it written out on a little note pad so she wouldn't forget to tell him. 
Emily & Steven went in with Rick and bought me this little number from Anthropology.  I love it!  It's my first real apron in my whole life!  Really.  Rick purchased one for me last year for Mother's Day from Wal Mart (it even hurts to type that).  It's um, very industrial, yet useful.  However, it was way lacking in style.  Not like this sweet thing.

See how much happier work in the kitchen is with a slick apron?!

As per Tipton tradition, the men cooked a delicious steak dinner for the moms and served us as we ate in the dining room.  No men or children allowed.  It was lovely.  Yes, I did wear my apron the entire night!

Cheers to you the mothers of the world.
The best gift I got (besides my lovely family) is on order from Home Depot....a slow closing toilet lid.  I told Rick that it would be nice to have one for each toilet some day.  It's just toileting on another level.  Is that weird?  All I know is Rick took that as a hint for a Mother's Day gift for me and I love it!!  Next is my birthday and then Christmas, maybe I'll get the other two toilet seats on those occasions.  Who knows?

No comments: